Spencer Pratt, 42, Threatens To Leave Los Angeles If He Loses Mayoral Bid

Aug 31, 2008; Fontana, CA, USA: Heidi Montag (left), and Spencer Pratt at the Pepsi 500 at Auto Club Speedway. Mandatory Credit: Kirby Lee/Image of Sport-Imagn Images

“The Hills” alum Spencer Pratt has recently come out and said that he plans to leave Los Angeles, California, if he loses the Jun. 2 primary or the Nov. 3 election in his bid for mayor. However, he promises to rebuild if he wins after losing his home in the tragic Palisades wildfires last year. The stakes have never been higher for Spencer Pratt’s run to become mayor.

Spencer Pratt Warns That He Will Leave Los Angeles If He Loses Mayoral Bid

Pratt said openly that his time in the City of Angels will come to an end if the exit polls don’t align with his mayoral run. In a chat with comedian Adam Carolla from his burned-out lot in the Pacific Palisades, Pratt said that he is looking to rebuild if he wins the race. The reality star said, per “The Adam Carolla Show” official X account (formerly Twitter), “If Karen Bass gets re-elected or Nithya Raman gets elected, I will be done with trying to live in LA.”

Before that, Pratt said, “I’m going to win the lawsuit against Gavin Newsom’s state park, and with that money, if I’m the mayor of Los Angeles, I will rebuild.” Pratt has been filming footage for a reality show highlighting his run to be the 44th mayor of Los Angeles, and Santa Monica’s Boardwalk Pictures is producing the show. The reality star launched his campaign back in January.

Related Celebrity News & Gossip

Spencer Pratt Reacts To Journalist Pointing Out That He’s Not Currently Living in LA

Pratt reacted angrily on X after a journalist pointed out the he currently doesn’t live in Los Angeles. In multiple campaign videos, Pratt has said that he was living in a trailer at the site of his Palisades home that was burned down by last year’s fires. On X, Variety journalist Marlow Stern reacted to a headline for Deadline about Pratt threatening to leave LA if he loses by writing, “he… lives in Santa Barbara.”

Pratt responded on to Stern’s comments on X, “My house burned down. I lost everything. I can’t rebuild. As a 42 year old man with 2 kids, I’ve had to move into my parents’ house, and I’m getting attacked for that? This is journalism? This is why no decent people ever get into politics. This is why you only have goblins running everything. God help you if you try to make things right for your community…if you lose your entire town, “journalists” mock you for not making your kids sleep in the toxic dirt on your burned out lot. Who raised you, dude?”

Stern also posted that Pratt had blocked him and he doubled down further on his statement. Pratt also retweeted a post criticizing Stern. Pratt later acknowleged temporarily living in Santa Barbara, California, where his father has a rental home. The star also claimed that he could not live in the trailer full time because the city has been slow with utilities and death threats against him due to rival candidate Raman accusing him representing fascism and being a “mini Trump” on a podcast. Heidi Montag, Pratt’s wife, fellow “Hills” star and singer told The Independent last year that the family was living in the Santa Barbara rental home.

What’s Next For Spencer Pratt’s Mayoral Race?

Attending the Birthday Party of Ya-Boy at Area Nightclub, West Hollywood, CA 01/28/09
Photo Credit: Photo by Glenn Francis

Pratt has defended the use of the trailer as a visual symbol of what he says the city allowed to happen, and he has said security concerns and slow utility hookups made full‑time living there impractical. Campaign appearances and interviews show Pratt framing the trailer as part of a broader narrative: his family lost their home in the Palisades fire, they have been displaced, and he intends to press city and state officials for accountability and rebuilding aid. He has also said his wife and children have been staying outside Los Angeles while the family sorts out long‑term housing.

With the primary days away, Pratt’s mix of celebrity spectacle, personal grievance and policy complaints has kept him in the headlines. Key facts to watch: the June 2 primary date; whether the star’s legal claims advance; and how voters respond to the contrast between his campaign imagery and his off‑camera living arrangements. Spencer Pratt’s campaign has injected emotion into a race already focused on housing, public safety and recovery from disaster. For many Angelenos still rebuilding, the debate over authenticity and accountability is not abstract — it is about who will lead the city through its next chapter.

Loading...