Steven Sharif Files Explosive Lawsuit Alleging Sabotage and Asset Theft in Ashes of Creation Collapse

Just when it seemed the Ashes of Creation disaster couldn’t get any darker, a new chapter has dropped — and it’s a scorcher. Creative Director Steven Sharif, who previously promised a public filing explaining why he and senior leadership resigned, has now delivered on that threat. Over the weekend, Sharif filed a 39‑page lawsuit accusing Intrepid’s board of intentionally sabotaging the company, orchestrating mass layoffs, and engineering a scheme to seize the MMO’s assets through a new entity called TFE Games.

This isn’t a vague “creative differences” spat. This is a scorched‑earth legal broadside.

Sharif v. Dawson, Ogden, Fette, Bartels, TFE Games: The Lawsuit That Blows the Doors Off

A wooden judge's gavel rests on a computer keyboard, symbolizing online justice or digital law. The image conveys a tone of authority in the digital realm. court, justice, lawsuit, legal
Photo by Sasun Bughdaryan on Unsplash

According to the filing, Sharif alleges that several board members:

  • “Intentionally sabotaged Intrepid to steal its assets”  
  • Engineered a plan to strip the studio of its IP and trade secrets  
  • Transferred those assets to TFE Games, a company allegedly created and controlled by lead investor Robert Dawson  
  • Attempted to force Intrepid into foreclosure to consolidate control and profit under the new entity  

In other words: not just a hostile takeover — a hostile hollowing‑out.

Sharif claims he discovered the scheme and alerted a senior secured creditor, which allegedly caused the board to panic. Their response, according to the lawsuit?

“They abruptly and wrongfully terminated nearly Intrepid’s entire workforce.”

This lines up with the mass layoffs that blindsided employees earlier this month — layoffs that, notably, were carried out without the legally required WARN Act notice.

The Early Access Push? Steven Sharif Says the Board Forced It

One of the lawsuit’s more damning claims is that the board allegedly forced Ashes of Creation into Steam Early Access on December 11, 2025, against the advice of Sharif and other senior leaders.

That launch was chaotic, short‑lived, and ultimately severed — Steam cut ties with Intrepid in early February.

Sharif now says the board pushed Early Access not as a strategic move, but as part of a pressure campaign designed to destabilize the studio and trigger financial collapse.

Defamation, False Filings, and a Smear Campaign

Sharif’s lawsuit also alleges that the board engaged in a coordinated smear campaign to make him the face of the collapse. Among the claims:

  • Filing a false corporate disclosure listing Sharif as the sole board member  
  • Listing his husband, John Moore, as CFO, despite this being untrue  
  • Spreading allegations of leaks, scams, and fraud  
  • Fueling online narratives that led to harassment and death threats  

This directly contradicts the narrative pushed last week by investor Jason Caramanis, whose allegations painted Sharif as the architect of the studio’s downfall.

Sharif’s lawsuit explicitly denies misappropriating funds and frames Caramanis’s claims as part of the board’s attempt to destroy his reputation.

The Counter‑Narrative: Caramanis’ Allegations and the YouTube Pipeline

Investor Claims Steven and His Husband Embezzled MILLIONS to Fund Party Life – NefasQS

Just days ago, Caramanis — an investor with a history in MLM ventures — told YouTuber NefasQS that Sharif had:

  • Burned through millions  
  • Accrued $140M in debt  
  • Used payroll money to pay off his house  
  • Refused a restructure that would remove him from power  

Those claims spread fast, but they were never backed by documentation. Sharif’s lawsuit is the first formal, legal counterpunch — and it paints a radically different picture.

Other Bombshells Buried in the Filing

The lawsuit is dense, but several details stand out:

  • A major corporation (identified by Caramanis as Riot Games) attempted to buy Intrepid in 2022/2023  
  • Sharif suffered a serious, ongoing health crisis during development  
  • There were board‑level meetings in January, contradicting claims of total leadership absence  
  • The planned launch window was September 2026, not the rushed Early Access date  
  • The current Intrepid owners are allegedly trying to recruit former devs to regain control of the tech  
  • Steam severed ties with Intrepid at the start of February  

This isn’t just a messy breakup. It’s a full‑scale corporate implosion.

What Sharif Wants From the Court

Sharif is seeking:

  • An injunction blocking the sale of the AoC IP and trade secrets  
  • Return of all assets to Intrepid Studios  
  • Invalidation of foreclosure filings  
  • Damages for defamation, wrongful termination, and corporate sabotage  

If granted, this could freeze the board’s alleged plan in its tracks — and potentially resurrect Intrepid as a functioning entity.

The Ashes of Creation Saga Becomes a Full‑Scale Corporate Meltdown

The Ashes of Creation saga has officially moved beyond rumor, YouTube exposés, and investor tea‑spilling. We’re now in the realm of lawsuits, accusations of corporate sabotage, and a battle over who actually owns the soul of the MMO.

Sharif says the board destroyed the company to steal it.  

The board’s allies say Sharif destroyed the company through mismanagement.  

And somewhere in the middle are the developers who lost their jobs and the players who spent nine years waiting for a dream that may never materialize.